Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Insufficient Arrangements

With the upcoming anniversary of the younger native’s birth I had a hypothesis that traveling with the natives to a magical land for the celebration would be a welcomed change and a glorious distraction from the dreadful behavior that had afflicted the jungle over the last several months. In the early stages of planning I held high hopes that removing the small creatures from their native land would provide a wonderful distraction and hoped it would bring a positive behavior modification. However if the preparation for our upcoming journey is any indication of how the excursion will go then I believe I should fear for my life.

The eldest of the natives has never believed me to be a fit caretaker. Any suggestion I put forth is usually met with a snarl or eye roll. Today is no different; he appears displeased in my packing skills as well as my voice, appearance and seemingly the fact that I exist.

The youngest is dealing with the pending change in environment with grand displays of disgruntlement. Apparently it is customary for natives to throw themselves onto the jungle floor and emit ear piercing screams over issues such as whether or not to put on ones shoes, or receiving a red cup instead of a blue cup.

Resting assuredly that I am doing just about everything wrong I will give up for the night and pray for adequate sleep to continue preparations tomorrow. To cope with the hostility I shall retreat to my hiding place as I gather emergency supplies to distract the natives on this weekend’s long journey.

If you do not hear from me in a few days please send a search party as I fear the eldest is plotting a coup.

No comments:

Post a Comment